Sunday, March 14

Holly

This past weekend I went to this woman's conference thing at my church and we learned about our name, its meaning, and origin. Ive always known my name meaning a bush, berry or tree, but this weekend I learned my name actually means something a little more meaningful :)

I researched my name and some of its relative words and stuff. Turns out my names pretty awesome. I'm sorta kinda related to marshmellows (I love marshmellows btw) mallow is in the same family with hollys and some form of mallow is in marshmellows. Also I'm soothing, cheerful, and the Rose of Sharon.

We then researched the words that described our name to get a deeper meaning. We then wrote paragraphs on what our names meant with all the different words and phrases we found.

I am....
a Rose of Sharon. I am Always cheerful, pleasant, and bright. I am relief, comfort, and tranquil. I am a flower with delicate beauty. I am happiness I am a celebration of Jeaus' birth. I am Jesus; sweetheart. I am colorful. I am holy, a gift, and a joy. I am a friend and I am love.

Now that I know a deeper meaning of my name I can embrace some of those attributes and reflect Christ in all that I do. Oh and also I found a verse that went with my name (I found it in a book that had your name and then a bible verse)

Philippians 4:7
"The peace of God, which passes all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

  1. very cool. I'm glad to know you are not just a BUSH! :)

    ReplyDelete