Thursday, September 29

Blessing

Okay so. A few days ago I was talking and walking into chapel at school. I was just chitchatting with one of my friends about how I wanna fill up my tank for my car but then how I would be broke for the next week and a half. I was just shooting the bull with her kinda thing and then all the sudden a girl turned around and gave me a 20 dollar bill. I was taken back and was almost like nah I dont need it. I couldnt stop thinking about it all day.

Today, as I was praying God told me that He gave me that as a gift of His love. I am His child. Why shouldn't I get gifts from Him? Then it struck me that I almost cheated myself out of His gift for me. I almost told the girl "no, I don't really need it." When actually I should be so grateful that God blessed me. I don't "need" money but I could always use a helping hand here and there. Just because I am covered for all my expenses doesn't mean God cant bless me. God doesn't want to just believe that He will see us through it but that He will bless us beyond what we need.

I always used to be the one who would take care of everyone else. No one ever paid for my gas, paid for my food, or paid for my movie. I should be thankful that not only did I get some extra money but that it was from My Heavenly Father, who loves me. I have never been blessed in a monetary way before and it was a very humbling experience. I am so thankful for God's blessing but yet at the same time it reminded me that I am Gods beloved daughter who delights in me and wants to bless me.

I love my Abba Father. I know it kinda sounds silly but it really meant a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment