Friday, September 16

Just prayin...

So. I still really miss and love Reno. I don't know if that's a passion in my heart from God or my own feelings. Either way I am praying for Reno. It's hard to pray for them some times because i feel selfish in my prayers but I know that God still knows and hears my heart and whether they are selfish or from His heart my prayers are heard. Allen Hood spoke in my class this week and said that prayers are simply what God tells us to tell Him. It's what He wants to hear but the things is, is that He wants us to say it. He wants us to actually lift up prayers to Him. We have power in our words and each time we pray we are exercising that authority.

So today a plane crashed into a stadium and injured as well as killed people in Reno. When I heard the news my heart immediately dropped to my stomach. I couldn't do anything but prayer for everyone there and people who were impacted by the crash. All I can think about when I think of Reno is how dry the land is there, spiritually and physically. The land is hardened and dry. The have some much corruption throughout the city and surrounding area. The fact they have legalized prostitution is unbelievable to me. The more and more I actually think about it, it breaks my heart and makes me cry out even more for the women who are in it.

I find it interesting that once I have left I begin to have a heart for Reno and the people there. Which brings me to my dilemma...Am I called to be a light in Reno and really make a difference or is my heart just missing home?

A lot of things began to change in my life while I lived in Reno. Dreams were awoken again, the scales were peeled away and I began to see who I am in Christ, as well as being my own creation in Christ rather than who everyone else told me who I was. I am not forcing things that aren't supposed to fit together but I could go back to Reno and get a job and work with the church. I just really wanna go back to Reno and make a difference. But if God isn't calling me there then I don't wanna go but I am praying that He would FLING open doors if I am to go back.

I miss it so much. I don't know if that's because it was my home or if I am just missing my life that I had their with my friends, or the relationship I had with my brother and his family. On a side note, saying goodbye to my brother and his family was a really hard goodbye. So I am prayin every day for Reno and for God to show me why exactly or if I am just supposed to pray for the land and that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment