Friday, November 18

Thats what friends are for

I love how God brings people together. He knows just what we need and when we need it. He see us where we are and hears our hearts cry, whether we actually tell Him or not. It's awesome to look back on my life and see where God has moved on and in at a certain time. Just when I thought I had it under control or thought I didn't need him, He moved in my life to see His hand in things.

I always use to pray that God would give me good friends. I never felt like He heard my cry. All through out high school all I wanted God to do was give me a friend. A good Christian friend. I never got a good close best friend until I hit college. She and I were friends but then became best friends when I needed a girlfriend more than anything after the break up with my bf. Rachel Farlow and I are still best friends. She is an awesome friend who always encourages me to go deeper in what the Father has for me. No matter where in the world, literally, we are we still keep in touch and always pick right back up where we left off. She's a blessing from God.

This time God blessed me even when I didn't think I needed a friend. I moved to KC in august and I thought I could do life without friends. I had my roommates who I interacted with everyday and I thought that would be enough for me to breeze through a year here. I didn't want to stay because I just didn't like anything about life here. Well you know God and how He has different plans for our lives. I didn't want to get to know my D-group leader at all. I wanted to stay reserved and just keep to myself. Ahahaha now months later she is my best friend at IHOP. It's funny how God changes things around on us. It's awesome. Once again God has answered my prayers again even when I wasn't thinkin. He's given me a friend who I know will be there for me. She is my sister in Christ. She is the best and I am so lucky to have her in my life. I love it when God gives me blessings :)

Even though I didn't really have a close family growing up through high school, my sister was always there. We didn't talk that much and see each other really often but we still had a close relationship. I couldn't have asked for a better sister and friend. I love my sister so much because not only are we blood related but also have a close friendship. It's awesome to have someone who has known you since birth and talk about everything. I thank God everyday for my family and what we have become today. Through the thick and thin we've made it out alive. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment