Friday, October 14

It still amazes me

I think a really beneficial thing to learn in life is that God is constantly blessing us. The thing to realize is that we see His hand in it all. I can go about my day and have things happen one after another to the point where I can go to the zoo, gas station, and out to eat and never pay a dime out of my own pocket but never realize that God was providing the whole time. I could just say wow, that was random and go about my life and never stop to thank God. I want to change that. I don't want to just go about my life and never stop and take the time to thank Jesus for His hand in my life. God is constantly blessing us in our lives and I think we should take more time to thank Him.

It doesn't have to be money. He could simply bless us by the weather having a gentle breeze, or a really good parking spot at a super busy time at Wal-mart. I think we should take a step back and really begin to thank God for everything He has done for us. The little things matter as well. I just never want to be unappreciative. I don't want to let things pass me and not realize God's hand in it. Obviously, God's hand is in everything that happens in our lives but still taking the time to actually acknowledge it I think makes a difference in our hearts, the people who witness it with us and God appreciates it as well.

Not only does it make a difference our lives, it also changes our perspective on things in life. If you are always looking at how God is blessing you then you tend to always look at the bright side of things. I'm not saying that you are always happy about the outcome at the moment but if nothing else you will see His hand in things after the fact, but we should always look at how He will bless us even when it doesn't look like a blessing. For example, say you missed your alarm, you're running late for work, you have to get gas and you run into this person at the gas station and they decide to pay for your gas. If you had gotten up on time you would have missed out on that blessing. So even though you are completely flustered and just so mad at yourself, you are blessed by God. It was His plan all along for you to be late that day. It was His timing. We need to stop trying to force things when really we need to let a lil slack out of the reins and let God began to lead us.

No comments:

Post a Comment