Thursday, October 13

There's a reason

Since I've been at IHOP I haven't really made a huge effort to make friends or seek hanging out with people after class. I tend to just stick to myself and that's it. At times I feel like IHOP is like college in the sense that I don't hang out with people outside of class. But it definitely doesn't feel like college by the way classes and stuff are run. So from time to time it trips me out.

Anyway, so this week just out of the blue I have been asked to hangout with friends or invited with my roommates to hang out with their friends. Well I have forgotten how young the majority of people are here. Sometimes you can't tell but then other times you CAN tell. So yeah, I don't really know how I feel about hanging out with kids who have never left their parents home or are just really young and immature. I don't know. Maybe I just really don't want friends here because that means another set of friends. I just don't feel the connection with people here all the time and then I'm not really the one to make plans with people I don't know. I guess you would call me shy in that area.

Maybe just from being in Reno and hanging out with people who at least 25 spoiled me and I don't particularly enjoy the silliness from people who are just out of high school. I always feel like I have to babysit them because they make such dumb decisions without realizing the implications. Im not trying to say that I am better than people younger than me, it's just that I don't want to spend my free time with silly young conversations. The girls that sit around me are older and I enjoy talking with them but still like I said, I don't start up "hang out" times outside of class.

I mean really just being honest. I really like being alone. Going home not having anything to do. I like having the time to play piano, read, stitch or whatever. I will always have something to do when I get back to school and work and stuff. I want to enjoy the time I have to myself. I don't think I will be here long term so I should be taking advantage of the time I have now.

So yeahhhh I don't think I will being saying yes to every thing my roommates want to do. Not that I want to be antisocial, I just want my alone time. I have been blessed with this time and I don't want to look back and say I wish I would have just taken the time to focus on myself to cultivate what God is doing in me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment